Title and statement of responsibility area
Stereoscopic Views Along the Canadian Pacific Railway from Port Arthur Through the Rockies : Bell Farm
General material designation
- Graphic material
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based upon captions below right image of stereograph.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
ca. 1886 (Creation)
- Bingham and Thom (Firm)
- Some sources consulted indicated that Bingham & Thom took the photographs in this series either in 1883 or 1886.
Physical description area
2 photographs : stereographs, b&w; 10.7 x 17.7 cm
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Stereographic Views Along the Canadian Pacific Railway : From Port Arthur Through the Rockies. (350, 351)
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Partnership of photographers Alexander Barton Thom and Frederick V. Bingham began by May 1883 and lasted until 1886.
The Bell Barn Society donated these records to the Saskatchewan Archives Board, Regina office, in one accession in 2010: 2010-208 (April 16, 2010).
Other context: Mrs. Libby (Bell) MacAulay and/or Shelagh Whitaker donated these to the Bell Barn Society of Indian Head between 2008 and 2010.
Scope and content
Items are two stereographic cards depicting scenes on the Ball farm.
(1) Item is entitled "Bell Farm, Plowing" and depicts a series of sulky plows along the top of the image breaking the land with the remainder of the image showing unbroken prairie.
(2) Item is entitled "Binders. Bell Farm" and depicts sulky plows in the background and persons harvesting bundles of grain stalks (stooks) from the field.
(1) Exhibits areas of wear along edges of card, slight foxing.
(2) Exhibits punctures in the four corners.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
These records may be to subject to access restrictions. Please consult reference archivist for assistance.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use, publication and/or reproduction of records subject to terms and conditions of the Copyright Act. Please consult reference archivist for assistance.
To consult the records, visit or contact the Regina office.
GM-PH 405 (2) was used in John Hawkes' work "The Story of Saskatchewan and Its People, Volume II" (p. 1037).
(2) Inscribed in ink on verso, centre: Harvest scene on the Bell Farm, Indian Head, in the eighties / Harvest Scene 3
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Saskatchewan Archives. Archival Description Manual 2004.
Level of detail
Language of description
Script of description
Content of item.
Archivists' notes on accession form 2010-204.
Goldsborough, Gordon. Manitoba Photographers Index : Frederick C. Bingham (2012). Retrieved from: http://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/photographers/bingham_fv.shtml (Last accessed: 2015-02-25).
Goldsborough, Gordon. Manitoba Photographers Index :Alexander Barton Thom [A. B. Thom] (1849-1926) (2012). Retrieved from: http://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/photographers/thom_ab.shtml (Last accessed: 2015-02-25).