- 1899-1913, 1970
Records created and accumulated by the Dominion Department of the Interior pertaining to Fort Livingstone, located near Pelly, Saskatchewan. Records refer to the role of the Fort as the first capital of the North-West Territories government and home of its Lieutenant-Governor, David Laird (1876-1877), and the site of the first North-West Mounted Police barracks and headquarters (1874). Includes a hand-drawn map, depicting the site as used by the North-West Mounted Police. Also includes a plan of Township 34, Range 32, West of the 2nd Meridian, as surveyed by the Department of the Interior in 1899 and 1900.