Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Leader (Sask.), 1917-
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
- Town of Prussia
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Town of Prussia was an urban municipality incorporated on May 1, 1917. The name of the town was changed to Leader on November 1, 1917. Leader is an agricultural based community located thirty kilometres east of the Saskatchewan / Alberta border in southwestern Saskatchewan. It is located on NE21-22-26-W3 in Happyland Rural Municipality No. 231.
The town is governed by an elected council that can hire staff to manage daily administration and maintain municipal services, such as roads, utilities and recreation facilities. The responsibilities of the council include enforcing bylaws; waste collection/landfill; fire protection; maintaining public utilities, roads and streets; issuing tax and assessment notices and collecting taxes and other fees.
The town is currently (2007) administered by a mayor, six councilors and an administrator. Councilors sit on various committees, as follows: General Government Services; Protective Services; Transportation Services; Environmental Health and Development; Recreation and Cultural Services and Utilities.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Access points area
Subject access points
Place access points
Authority record identifier
Rules and/or conventions used
Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Authority record created on 2008-04-02. Approved 2012-03-06. Last modified on 2017-11-29.
AMICUS Authorities - no entry found
Encyclopedia of Saskatchewan
The Saskatchewan Gazette