Records relating to John Walker and his professional career in horticulture, including service as assistant superintendent in charge of horticulture at the Canada Department of Agriculture Experimental Farm in Indian Head, Saskatchewan (1925-1929) and superintendent of the Canada Department of Agriculture Forest Nursery Station in Indian Head (1942-1958) as follows:
1) Copy of article relating to John Walker's professional career in prairie horticulture. Source unknown. [1982 or after].
2) Copy of Agricultural Institute of Canada Fellowship Award Nomination of John Walker by Manitoba Institute of Agrologists, Winnipeg Branch with additional notations. ca. 1978.
3) Copy of document written by John Walker entitled Overseas Service in World War I. Walker served in France in the Fiftieth Battalion, Fourth Division, Canadian Expeditionary Force.
4) Publication entitled Development of Horticulture on the Northern Great Plains, written by W.H. Alderman and sponsored by the Great Plains Region American Society for Horticultural Science, 1962. Chapter 17 relates to Saskatchewan and includes information on the Dominion Experimental Farms at Indian Head, Rosthern, Scott, Swift Current and Melfort; the Federal Forest Nursery Stations at Indian Head and Sutherland; horticulture at the University of Saskatchewan; the Saskatchewan Department of Agriculture; and horticultural organizations in Saskatchewan.
5) Publication entitled A History of Horticulture of the Great Plains Region, 1960 through 1981, edited by E.P. Lana and sponsored by the North Central (Great Plains) Region - American Society for Horticultural Science, 1984. Includes information on horticulture at the University of Saskatchewan and horticulture at the Canadian Department of Agriculture Forest Nursery in Indian Head.