Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Everton School District No. 4715, 1927-1971
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
On March 6, 1926, ratepayers in the Archerwell district of Saskatchewan selected a committee to handle the establishment of a school district. The first organizational meeting was held on June 27, 1927. J. Westburg, W. Allgrove and Sydney Cooper were elected Trustees of the proposed district. Everton School District No. 4715 was officially organized July 21, 1927.
The school was administered by three elected trustees, one of whom served as chairman, and a secretary-treasurer. The responsibilities of the school board included selecting and acquiring a school site and contracting the building of a school house; furnishing and maintaining the school, school grounds, buildings and equipment; engaging qualified teachers; providing books, globes, maps, and other supplies to teachers and students; administering grants; settling disputes; and maintaining school records and accounts.
The school district joined the Wadena Larger School Unit No. 46 in June 1946. In June 1959, The Everton School was closed. June 10, 1971, the district was officially disorganized.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Access points area
Subject access points
Place access points
Authority record identifier
Rules and/or conventions used
Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Authority record created on 2010-01-15. Approved 2012-03-06. Last modified on 2017-11-29.
AMICUS Authorities - no entry found.
Content of the fonds.
The Past to the Present: Archerwill District Historical Society.