Creelman (Sask.), 1906-
Parallelle vormen van de naam
Gestandaardiseerde naamvorm(en) volgens andere regels.
Identificatiecode voor organisaties
The Village of Creelman is an urban municipality incorporated on April 6, 1906 under the provisions of The Village Ordinance. The village is governed by an elected council that can hire staff to manage daily administration and maintain municipal services, such as roads, utilities and recreation facilities. The responsibilities of the council include enforcing bylaws; waste collection/landfill; fire protection; maintaining public utilities, roads and streets; issuing tax and assessment notices and collecting taxes and other fees. The village was originally administered by an overseer, councillors, and a secretary-treasurer.
The Village of Creelman is an agricultural based community located on the west half of section 16, township 10, range 10, west of the second meridian, 90 kilometers northwest of the City of Weyburn in the southeast corner of Saskatchewan. The village straddles Highway 33 between Fillmore and Heward and is located within Fillmore Rural Municipality No. 96. Although homesteaders in the area originally named the village Hazel, the Canadian Pacific Railway changed the name in 1904 to Creelman in honour of A. Robert Creelman, a solicitor for the railway at the time.
In 2005, the village covered an area of 1.15 square kilometers and had a population of 85. The village's municipal officials included a mayor, four councillors and an administrator.
Functies, beroepen en activiteiten
Mandaat/bronnen van bevoegdheid
Interne structuren / genealogie
Access points area
Authority record identifier
Identificatiecode van de instelling
Toegepaste regels en/of conventies
Rules for Archival Description (RAD)
Niveau van detaillering
Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering
Authority record created on 2008-06-05. Approved 2012-03-06. Last modified on 2017-11-29.
AMICUS Authorities - no entry found
Various Internet sites
People Places : Saskatchewan and Its Names