Central Collegiate (Regina, Sask.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Central Collegiate (Regina, Sask.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Central Collegiate Institute (Regina, Sask.)
  • Regina Collegiate (Regina, Sask.)
  • Central High School (Regina, Sask.)

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1909-1985

History

Located at the corner of Scarth Street and 15th Avenue, the school opened as Regina Collegiate on November 15, 1909, becoming the first school in Regina dedicated solely to secondary education. The name was changed to Central Collegiate in 1924. The school ceased operations in June 1985, and the structure being demolished in 1994 with its front facade being repurposed for the entrance to Winston Knoll Collegiate.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Final

Level of detail

Minimal

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

  • Latin

Sources

Argan, William, Pam Cowan, and Gordon W. Staseson. Regina, the First 100 Years : Regina's Cornerstones : The History of Regina told through its buildings and monuments. Regina: The Leader-Post Carrier Foundation Inc., 2002.

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places