Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Graphic material
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
ca. 1910-1953 (Creation)
Physical description area
28 photographs : prints, b&w
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Ian Reid donated these items to the Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan in two accessions in 2010: 2010-052 (March 3, 2010) and 2010-232 (June 3, 2010).
Scope and content
Images relating mainly to members of the Carson family of Estlin, Saskatchewan as follows:
1) Edward Thomas Carson and Kathleen Josephine Keogh on their wedding day, March 27, 1943, in Narbon Road, Hove, England. Edward Carson is wearing a military uniform.
2) A man and woman standing in front of a house at 1817 Robinson Street in Regina, Saskatchewan. The man and woman were friends of the Carson family.
3)Group of unidentified men standing outside with barn and automobile in background near Estlin.
4) Mrs. Dynka, Edward Carson, and Eileen Carson standing in front of a doorway. January 1946.
5) Edward Carson and Eileen Carson sitting on chairs outside with a dog on the table between them at the family home near Estlin. 1933.
6)Edward Carson and Eileen Carson standing outside in Estlin with a grain elevator in the background.
7) Edward Carson standing with his father, Isaac Carson, in Estlin, 1938 or 1939.
8) Family friends, Sally and Ike [surname not provided].
9) Edward Carson seated in front of Estlin General Store holding two kittens. 1930.
10) Edward Carson and his step-brother, Harry Sutton, standing on the railway tracks with grain elevators and the Estlin railway station in the background. [1920 or after].
11) Three unidentified men standing in front of an automobile.
12) Unidentified man and woman standing in front of a bush. 1937.
13) Edward Carson standing with his parents, Alice Maud Carson and Isaac Carson, in front of the Post Office sign in Estlin. Isaac Carson served as postmaster of Estlin for approximately 20 years (1920s to 1940s). 1939.
14) -(15) Grain elevator on fire in Estlin, likely on July 22, 1920, with railway station in foreground.
16) Canadian National train plowing snow.
17) Mr. and Mrs. Dynka, Edward Carson, and a woman named Irene [surname unknown] standing in front of a doorway. January 1946.
18)-(19) Unidentified bride and groom and members of the wedding party standing in front of the doors of a church.
20)-(21)Edward Carson standing with other individuals on the steps of a building. Possibly members of a choir. 1938.
22) Edward Carson in military uniform standing in front of a building holding a dog in his arms. ca. 1941.
23)-(24) Members of a wedding party. 1940.
25) Alice Maud Carson sitting outside in front of a bush with a house in the background.
26) Alice Maud Carson standing with her son, Edward Carson, in front of a building. ca. 1939.
27) Isaac Carson with Joan and Sally [surnames unknown] in Brighton, July 1953.
28) Reproduction of panoramic photograph of the members of the Canadian Postal Corps during World War II. Edward Thomas Carson is standing in the top row, 6th from left. Photographer based in Pirbright, Surrey, England, where there was a military base. [1941 or later].
Records are in good physical condition.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Records are open for research use.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use, publication and/or reproduction of records are subject to the terms and conditions of the Copyright Act. Please consult reference archivist for assistance.
Standard number area
Name access points
- Carson Family (Subject)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Language of description
Script of description