Item B42 - Bronson and Meadow Lake Provincial Forest

Zona do título e menção de responsabilidade

Título próprio

Bronson and Meadow Lake Provincial Forest

Designação geral do material

  • Material cartográfico

Título paralelo

Description type

Título e menções de responsabilidade

Notas ao título

Nível de descrição

Item

Código de referência

B42

Zona de edição

Menção de edição

Menção de responsabilidade da edição

Zona de detalhes específicos de materiais

Menção da escala (cartográfica)

Menção da projecção (cartográfica)

Menção das coordenadas (cartográfico)

Menção da escala (arquitectura)

Autoridade emissora e denominação (filatélica)

Zona de datas de criação

Data(s)

  • 1928 (Produção)
    Produtor
    Saskatchewan. Dept. of Natural Resources

Zona de descrição física

Descrição física

1 map

Zona dos editores das publicações

Título próprio do recurso continuado

Títulos paralelos das publicações do editor

Outra informação do título das publicações do editor

Menção de responsabilidade relativa ao editor do recurso contínuo

Numeração das publicações do editor

Nota sobre as publicações do editor

Zona da descrição do arquivo

Nome do produtor

(1930-1944)

História biográfica

The Department of Natural Resources was established in 1930, when responsibility for natural resources was transferred from the federal Department of the Interior to the provincial government under The Natural Resources Transfer Agreement dated May 20, 1930.

The Department was originally administered by a Minister and Deputy Minister and consisted of four branches: Lands; Mines; Fisheries; and Forestry. The head office for the Department was in Regina, with a main Northern District office in Prince Albert and sub-district offices in Hudson Bay Junction and Spruce Lake.

The Lands Branch was overseen by a director. Between May 1, 1943, and April 30, 1944, four divisions were established within the branch: Sales; Cultivated Lease; Grazing; Patents and Homesteads. The Mines Branch, Fisheries Branch and Forestry Branch for the most part retained their administrative structure.

A Water Rights Branch was established between May 1931 and April 1932. In 1933 responsibility for provincial parks was transferred from the Forestry Branch, resulting in the establishment of the Water Rights and Parks Branch. Between May 1, 1936, and April 1937, the branch was split into the Water Rights Branch and Parks Branch.

A Surveys Division was established between May 1, 1932, and April 30, 1933. It became the Surveys Branch for a period between May 1, 1936, and April 1, 1937.

The Game Branch was established May 1, 1932, and operated until April 30, 1933, when the function was transferred to the department from the Bureau of Labour and Public Welfare. During 1938-1939, the Game and Fur Branch was established within the department.

Responsibility for the Provincial Museum was transferred to the department for the period from May 1, 1934, to April 30, 1935.

The poor economic performance and drought of the 1930s resulted in less forest and mineral revenue for the Department and an active role in the provision of relief measures. These included the cancellation of debt owed on School lands and the distribution of coal, timber, hay and grazing areas to farmers.

The Coal Administration Branch was established in 1935 to centralize the control, regulation and administration of coal mining. Administration of The Coal Mines Safety and Welfare Act was transferred from the Bureau of Labour and Public Welfare while the coal regulations under The Mineral Resources Act formerly administered by Mines Branch moved to the new branch.

By 1940, the initial four branches had expanded to ten: Forestry, Mines, Fisheries, Game and Fur, Water Rights, Surveys, Museum, Coal, Lands, and Parks.

During the Second World War, the Department assisted federal initiatives such as the Dominion Wartime Price and Trade Board in monitoring the price and distribution of basic commodities and resources to ensure use in both the domestic market and the war effort.

On November 10, 1944, the Department of Natural Resources was reorganized into the Department of Natural Resources and Industrial Development.

História custodial

Âmbito e conteúdo

Zona das notas

Condição física

Fonte imediata de aquisição

Organização

Idioma do material

  • inglês

Script do material

Localização de originais

Disponibilidade de outros formatos

Restrições de acesso

These records may be to subject to access restrictions. Please consult reference archivist for assistance.

Termos que regulam o uso, reprodução e publicação

Use, publication and/or reproduction of records subject to terms and conditions of the Copyright Act. Please consult reference archivist for assistance.

To consult the records, visit or contact the Regina office.

Instrumentos de descrição

Materiais associados

Materiais relacionados

Ingressos adicionais

Descrição física

Specific cartographic details:
72 x 84

Identificador(es) alternativo(s)

Original ID

619

Zona do número normalizado

Número normalizado

Pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Assuntos

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Pontos de acesso - Nomes

Pontos de acesso de género

Zona do controlo

Descrição do identificador do registo

B42

Identificador da instituição

Regras ou convenções

Saskatchewan Archives. Archival Description Manual 2004.

Estatuto

Final

Nível de detalhe

Idioma da descrição

  • inglês

Script da descrição

  • latim

Fontes

Zona da incorporação

Pessoas e organizações relacionadas

Locais relacionados

Géneros relacionados