Pièce B42 - Bronson and Meadow Lake Provincial Forest

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

Bronson and Meadow Lake Provincial Forest

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document cartographique

Titre parallèle

Description type

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

Niveau de description

Pièce

Cote

B42

Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production

Date(s)

  • 1928 (Production)
    Producteur
    Saskatchewan. Dept. of Natural Resources

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

1 map

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Nom du producteur

(1930-1944)

Notice biographique

The Department of Natural Resources was established in 1930, when responsibility for natural resources was transferred from the federal Department of the Interior to the provincial government under The Natural Resources Transfer Agreement dated May 20, 1930.

The Department was originally administered by a Minister and Deputy Minister and consisted of four branches: Lands; Mines; Fisheries; and Forestry. The head office for the Department was in Regina, with a main Northern District office in Prince Albert and sub-district offices in Hudson Bay Junction and Spruce Lake.

The Lands Branch was overseen by a director. Between May 1, 1943, and April 30, 1944, four divisions were established within the branch: Sales; Cultivated Lease; Grazing; Patents and Homesteads. The Mines Branch, Fisheries Branch and Forestry Branch for the most part retained their administrative structure.

A Water Rights Branch was established between May 1931 and April 1932. In 1933 responsibility for provincial parks was transferred from the Forestry Branch, resulting in the establishment of the Water Rights and Parks Branch. Between May 1, 1936, and April 1937, the branch was split into the Water Rights Branch and Parks Branch.

A Surveys Division was established between May 1, 1932, and April 30, 1933. It became the Surveys Branch for a period between May 1, 1936, and April 1, 1937.

The Game Branch was established May 1, 1932, and operated until April 30, 1933, when the function was transferred to the department from the Bureau of Labour and Public Welfare. During 1938-1939, the Game and Fur Branch was established within the department.

Responsibility for the Provincial Museum was transferred to the department for the period from May 1, 1934, to April 30, 1935.

The poor economic performance and drought of the 1930s resulted in less forest and mineral revenue for the Department and an active role in the provision of relief measures. These included the cancellation of debt owed on School lands and the distribution of coal, timber, hay and grazing areas to farmers.

The Coal Administration Branch was established in 1935 to centralize the control, regulation and administration of coal mining. Administration of The Coal Mines Safety and Welfare Act was transferred from the Bureau of Labour and Public Welfare while the coal regulations under The Mineral Resources Act formerly administered by Mines Branch moved to the new branch.

By 1940, the initial four branches had expanded to ten: Forestry, Mines, Fisheries, Game and Fur, Water Rights, Surveys, Museum, Coal, Lands, and Parks.

During the Second World War, the Department assisted federal initiatives such as the Dominion Wartime Price and Trade Board in monitoring the price and distribution of basic commodities and resources to ensure use in both the domestic market and the war effort.

On November 10, 1944, the Department of Natural Resources was reorganized into the Department of Natural Resources and Industrial Development.

Historique de la conservation

Portée et contenu

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Classement

Langue des documents

  • anglais

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

These records may be to subject to access restrictions. Please consult reference archivist for assistance.

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Use, publication and/or reproduction of records subject to terms and conditions of the Copyright Act. Please consult reference archivist for assistance.

To consult the records, visit or contact the Regina office.

Instruments de recherche

Éléments associés

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Description matérielle

Specific cartographic details:
72 x 84

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Original ID

619

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de la description du document

B42

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles ou conventions

Saskatchewan Archives. Archival Description Manual 2004.

Statut

Final

Niveau de détail

Langue de la description

  • anglais

Langage d'écriture de la description

  • latin

Sources

Zone des entrées

Personnes et organismes associés

Lieux associés

Genres associés