- Clippings File - Local Histories - Indian Head
Photocopy of article by Jack Schreiner entitled "Two tales behind choice of name" regarding the naming of Indian Head, Saskatchewan. The Leader-Post, Regina, December 2, 1957.
Article by Marion Fitzsimmons entitled "Indian Head band said oldest in the land", The Leader-Post, Regina, June 22, 1955. Article refers to musical band that was established in 1897.
Photocopied article commemorating the 50th anniversary of St. Andrew's United Church in Indian Head. [1958?]. Possibly from the Indian Head News.
Newspaper photographs of prominent Indian Head residents, including F.L. Mackay, George Thompson, Reverend and Mrs. M.M. Bennett, William Wilson, Superintendent Mackay, W.M. Crawford, W.M. Douglas, E.J. Brooks, Joseph Glenn, A.J. Osment, James Conn, H.H. Fleury, T.E. Donnelly, James Halford and W.R. Boyd. Date and source unknown. [19--].
Copy of information on St. John the Divine Church in Indian Head taken from occasional paper no. 42, November 1895, pp. 10-11.
Report on Lord Brassey's Visit to Canada and Indian Head colony copied from the Annual Report of the Deputy Minister of the Interior, April 17, 1895, Sessional Papers of Canada, 1895, no. 13.
Photocopied article by Rose McLaughlin entitled "Bishop's Court no longer grand" regarding the conversion of the Bishop's Court building in Indian Head into apartments. June 15, 1959. Source unknown.
Copy of proclamation establishing the Indian Head Protestant Public School District No. 49 of the North-West Territories dated January 20, 1886.
Order of Service, First Quarter, 1895 for St. Andrew's Sunday School in Indian Head. "Bessie Liggett" handwritten on document.
Information on the municipal council in Indian Head extracted from The Qu'Appelle Vidette issues from February 12, 1885, February 19, 1885 and March 5, 1885. Possibly compiled by Saskatchewan Archives Board staff.
Copy of letter from Chief Albert Eashappie to the Indian Head Centennial committee regarding the naming of Indian Head. [19--]. 1 p.
Typewritten information on the Bell farm, the Brassey farm, Lord Brassey, St. John the Divine Church compiled from various sources probably by Saskatchewan Archives Board staff.[19--]. 3 copies.