- ca. 1915
538 Archival description results for Agriculture
538 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
Item is an image of a 1938 Ford truck owned by Alexandre Gervais, a grain loader constructed by Gervais is on the back of the truck.
- FILM R-3977
Historical trailers: Consists of a series of eight 1 minute vignettes related to different Saskatchewan places or historical events:
(1) Looks at the Legislative Building in Regina. Includes interior and exterior shots of the building and scenes of the opening of the legislative session with the Lieutenant Governor in attendance.
(2) Looks at the Saskatchewan Museum of Natural History (now Royal Saskatchewan Museum) building in Regina. Includes exterior and interior shots of the building and of the dioramas depicting the wildlife of Saskatchewan.
(3) Contemporary black and white film footage of men operating old steam powered threshing machinery and women providing meals to the men. Includes shots of a modern self-propelled combine operating in a farm field.
(4) Shots of a church, constructed of field stone at the turn of the century, at Dilke, Saskatchewan. Includes exterior and interior shots of the church.
(5) Looks at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) barracks at Regina. The site has served as the Force's main training base since 1882. Includes scenes of the grounds, the little chapel and the museum.
(6) Highlights a log structure at Fort Qu'Appelle that was part of the Hudson Bay post built in 1864. The building is a designated national historic site and is open as a museum.
(7) Looks at the potash deposits in the province and their importance to the province's economy. Includes exterior and interior shots of a potash mine.
(8) Highlights the Qu'Appelle Valley as a place for water sports and other recreational activities.
Cherry Film Productions
- FILM R-3394.4
- 1994 or before
News report: A and B reels from a report about a demonstration by farmers over increased costs in farming.
- FILM R-3230.2
- 1994 or before
Interview: Image and magnetic track from an interview with Allan Blakeney about the bumper crop and its effects on Saskatchewan's economy in general. AD Test Strip reading 1.0 - deterioration has begun. 20/11/00.
- R-A15151 (1)-(2)
Part of Saskatchewan Wheat Pool fonds
Items are images showing a 60 hp caterpillar tracked tractor pulling 60 feet of duck foot cultivators on the Lone Warrior farm in Montana. Image (1) shows the tractor and cultivators from the front and image (2) shows the tractor and cultivator from behind.
The Lone Warrior farm was one of nine operated between 1924 and 1945 by the Fairway Farm Corporation to demonstrate the ideas of M.L. Wilson [of the Agricultural Economics Department of Montana State College] about agricultural organization, financing, and dry farming techniques.
- Tape R-15097
- 1985 or before
Item is an audio recording of four farming songs whose songwriter and performer are unknown.
Saskatchewan. Dept. of Co-operation and Co-operative Development. Deputy Minister
- FILM R-896
Documentary: A protrait of an "Ag Rep" for the Saskatchewan Department of Agriculture. The film shows the typical routine of the Agricultural Representative in his work with farmers in rural Saskatchewan. By: ?
SASKATCHEWAN. EXECUTIVE COUNCIL. CINE-GRAPHIC DIVI