Showing 7 results

Authority record
Schools

Balfour Collegiate (Regina, Sask.)

  • Corporate body
  • 1930-

This school opened on September 2, 1930 as Balfour Technical School and was named after former Regina mayor, city clerk, and lawyer James Balfour. It initially operated as a technical school with an attached commercial high school, and was able to offer unemployed adults secretarial, accounting and industrial courses. In 1984, the name was changed to Balfour Collegiate.

Central Collegiate (Regina, Sask.)

  • Corporate body
  • 1909-1985

Located at the corner of Scarth Street and 15th Avenue, the school opened as Regina Collegiate on November 15, 1909, becoming the first school in Regina dedicated solely to secondary education. The name was changed to Central Collegiate in 1924. The school ceased operations in June 1985, and the structure being demolished in 1994 with its front facade being repurposed for the entrance to Winston Knoll Collegiate.

Evan Hardy Collegiate (Saskatoon, Sask.)

  • Corporate body
  • 1965-

Located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, this secondary school (grades 9 to 12) was opened in 1966 and is named in honour of Evan Allan Hardy, a professor at the University of Saskatchewan and head of its Agricultural Engineering Department from 1926 to 1951.

Luther College (Regina, Sask.)

  • Corporate body
  • 1913-

Established as Luther Academy in 1913 in Melville, Saskatchewan by the Lutheran community of southern Saskatchewan. In 1926, the school move to Regina whereupon it became a junior college offering full high school and first-year university courses, and renamed Luther College.