Mostrar 180 resultados

Registo de autoridade
Local Government

Prairie South School Division No. 210 of Saskatchewan, 2006-

  • LGA 96
  • Local Government
  • 2006-

Prairie South School Division No. 210 was established on January 1, 2006 through the Government of Saskatchewan's amalgamation of rural school divisions. Prairie South is composed of several former school divisions (Moose Jaw Public; Thunder Creek; Borderland; Golden Plains; and Red Coat Trail) and portions of the former Davidson and Herbert School Divisions.
The division currently (2022) includes 38 schools in 19 rural and urban communities in southern Saskatchewan, including Assiniboia; Avonlea; Bengough; Caronport; Chaplin; Coronach; Craik; Gravelbourg; and Moose Jaw. The division has approximately 7100 students and 1400 staff.

Prairie South School Division is governed by an elected Board of Education consisting of a Chair and nine trustees who are not employees of the school division. The Board members serve four year terms. The Board’s duties and powers include administering and managing the educational affairs of the school division; exercising general supervision and control over the schools in the division; providing and maintaining school accommodations, equipment and facilities; and appointing and employing qualified teachers, principals and other staff. The Director of Education is chosen by and is responsible to the Board of Education and is supported by other senior administrators, including Superintendents of Education. The division receives funding primarily from property taxes; grants from the federal and provincial governments; tuition and related fees; and income interest. The division office is located in Moose Jaw.

Aberdeen (Sask.), 1988-

  • Local Government
  • 1988-

Aberdeen was proclaimed a Saskatchewan town on November 1, 1988. Aberdeen was previously organized as a village on March 13, 1907.

Aberdeen (Sask.), 1907-1988

  • Local Government
  • 1907-1988

Aberdeen was organized as a Saskatchewan village on March 13, 1907. Aberdeen was subsequently proclaimed a town on November 1, 1988.

Resultados 1 a 10 de 180