Showing 6899 resultsAuthority record
- Corporate body
Company was founded in 1973 by Thomas Zabala and Alan Gitzow; in 1976 they were joined by Arthur Albanese thus forming ZGA. In 2001 Michael Simmonds and Steven Turney became partners in the firm. Founding partners Alan Giltzow, Arthur Albanese, and Thomas Zabala retired from active practice in 2002, 2010, and 2012 respectively.
- LGA 07
- Local Government
The first organizational meeting of directors of the Zelma Rural Telephone Company took place on March 20, 1915, with George R. Duff elected President and director. Additional directors elected at that time were J.W. Cline, G.A. Campbell, Major Shout and James Murray. Charles W. Cline was elected Secretary-Treasurer, a position in held until 1964.
Regulated by the Saskatchewan Government Telephones Department, the company proceeded to construct telephone lines in the area serving the town and surrounding farms in the district. The board of directors decided rates, telephone extension applications, contracts and salaries.
In 1977, SaskTel absorbed the Zelma Rural Telephone Co. into its provincial telephone system. The last meeting of the directors of the Zelma Rural Telephone Co. took place on January 8, 1977.