Showing 563 results

Authority record
Corporate body

Advertising Agency Association of Saskatchewan

  • Corporate body

The Advertising Agency Association of Saskatchewan (AAAS) was formed in the early 1980s as a lobby group for advertising companies as they felt that government contracts for advertising were not being awarded fairly. When the provincial government changed (to Progressive Conservative) the group became inactive as it was felt among members that hiring practices were fair and equal. It was resurrected in 1991, for 5 or 6 years, as a body to deal with New Democratic Party's new system of tendering out work. Eventually the members were satisfied with the results of their lobbying, and the AAAS became inactive once again.

Air Force Association of Canada No. 600 (City of Regina) Wing, 1949-

  • PA 42
  • Corporate body
  • 1949-

The Air Force Association of Canada was founded on 21 May 1948 to provide civilian community support to the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF), and to serve as a network for ex-airmen who had returned to civilian life. Branches or "wings" were formed in many cities across Canada. Initially, the association drew its membership from all ranks of the RCAF, and concentrated on military-based aviation initiatives. The association was re-organized in 1972 to include members of the civilian aviation community. Its activities focused on supporting aviation in Canada, preserving the traditions of the RCAF, working with air cadets, improving living conditions for servicemen, cooperating with other veterans associations, and promoting community-based service. Members have been active in other activities including the National Executive of the Association and the RCAF Benevolent Fund.

No. 600 (City of Regina) Wing received its charter on 5 January 1949. The Association's membership includes veterans of numerous squadrons such as
No. 162 BR (Flying Boat) Squadron, which flew consolidated Cansos during the Second World War. As of July 1998, the Association had 103 members. The Association is closely affiliated with the 600 RCAF Veterans Association, which provides assistance to needy air force veterans and works to preserve air force history.

Air Force Association of Canada No. 600 Wing

  • SCAA-PAS-F47
  • Corporate body
  • 1949 - present

The Air Force Association of Canada was founded on 21 May 1948 to provide civilian community support to the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF), and to serve as a network for ex-airmen who had returned to civilian life. Branches or "wings" were formed in many cities across Canada. Initially, the association drew its membership from all ranks of the RCAF, and concentrated on military-based aviation initiatives. The association was re-organized in 1972 to include members of the civilian aviation community. Its activities focused on supporting aviation in Canada, preserving the traditions of the RCAF, working with air cadets, improving living conditions for servicemen, cooperating with other veterans associations, and promoting community-based service. Members have been active in other activities including the National Executive of the Association and the RCAF Benevolent Fund.

No. 600 (City of Regina) Wing received its charter on 5 January 1949. The Association's membership includes veterans of numerous squadrons such as No. 162 BR (Flying Boat) Squadron, which flew consolidated Cansos during the Second World War. As of July 1998, the Association had 103 members. The Association is closely affiliated with the 600 RCAF Veterans Association, which provides assistance to needy air force veterans and works to preserve air force history.

Alberta and Saskatchewan Woman's Christian Temperance Union, 1886-1912

  • PA 446
  • Corporate body
  • 1886-1912

The Woman's Christian Temperance Union (WCTU) of the North-West Territories was a non-denominational woman's organization established in 1886, when Letitia Youmans, President of the Canadian WCTU., visited the Territories and organized Unions (local chapters) at Morley, Regina and Calgary. Mrs. W.W. Andrews of Qu'Appelle was named Superintendent of the North-West Territories in 1886 and went on to organize several additional Unions in 1887 including Qu'Appelle, Wolseley and Broadview. The first convention of the territorial Union was held in Calgary on October 5 and 6 , 1904. The organization was based on the belief that the abuse of alcohol was the cause of unemployment, disease, prostituion, poverty and immorality. The WCTU campaigned for legal prohibition of all alcoholic beverages and promoted sobriety, thrift, duty and family sanctity along with woman's suffrage and allowances for mothers.

In 1905, when Alberta and Saskatchewan became provinces, the Woman's Christian Temperance Union of the North-West Territories was renamed the Alberta and Saskatchewan Woman's Temperance Union. The officers of the Union included a president; vice-president; corresponding secretary; recording secretary; treasurer and secretary. Superintendents were responsible for the various departments, including organization; evangelistic work; purity and mother's meetings; and anti-narcotics. Officers and the superintendents of departments comprised the Executive Committee.

Local Unions in Saskatchewan included Abernethy; Arcola; Battleford; Carnduff; Cupar; Drinkwater; Estevan; Grenfell; Hanley; Indian Head; Manor; Maple Creek; Milestone; Moose Jaw; Oxbox; Prince Albert; Qu'Appelle; Radisson; Rouleau; Regina; Saltcoats; Saskatoon; Swift Current; Wapella; Yellow Grass; and Yorkton.

In 1912, the Alberta and Saskatchewan Union was split into two seperate provincial Unions: the Alberta Provincial Woman's Christian Temperance Union and the Saskatchewan Provincial Woman's Christian Temperance Union.

Results 11 to 20 of 563