Mostrando 180 resultados

Registro de autoridad
Local Government

Cresco School District No. 4789, 1929-1963

  • LGA 95
  • Local Government
  • 1929-1963

A petition for the organization of a school district in the Shell Lake/Amiens, Saskatchewan district dated January 30, 1929 was submitted to the Saskatchewan Department of Education by a committee consisting of David Schock, Henry Schmidt and John Fell. A meeting was held on March 1, 1929 to elect trustees and on March 26, 1929 the Cresco School District No. 4789 was officially established. The first elected trustees were Carl Hegraves, Stuart Anderson and Henry Schmidt. Mrs. Carl Hegraves was the first secretary-treasurer. The first teacher was Mary L. Sanderson. Around 1945, the school district became part of the Shell Lake School Unit No. 63. The school district ceased operations around 1963.

Warman (Sask.), 1966-2012

  • Local Government
  • 1966-2012

Incorporated as a town in 1966, subsequently incorporated as a city in October 2012.

Warman (Sask.), 1927-1962

  • Local Government
  • 1927-1962

Reverted to a hamlet in 1927, but subsequently re-incorporated as a village in 1962.

Dafoe (Sask.), 1920-2012

  • Local Government
  • 1920-2018

Dafoe incorporated as a village on May 28, 1920. On July 31, 2018, it reorganized as a special service area in the jurisdiction of Big Quill Rural Municipality.

Preeceville (Sask.), 1912-1946

  • Local Government
  • 1912-1946

Incorporated as a village in 1912, subsequently incorporated as a town on November 30, 1946.

Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park and Zoo National Historic Site

  • Local Government
  • 1966-

In 1913 a tree nursery station and model farm opened in the community of Sutherland under the federal Department of the Interior, Forestry Branch. In addition to fields for the planting and harvesting of trees, the site included staff residences, tree packing and storage areas, a pumphouse for the irrigation system, a greenhouse, botanists’ research facility, a blacksmith shop, and a barn. When the Sutherland Forest Nursery Station was closed in 1966, a portion of the site was reopened as the Forestry Farm Park by the City of Saskatoon. In 1972 a zoo featuring indigenous animals opened adjacent to the old nursery station buildings. The site was designated a National Historic Site on Jun 22, 1990.

Aberdeen (Sask.), 1988-

  • Local Government
  • 1988-

Aberdeen was proclaimed a Saskatchewan town on November 1, 1988. Aberdeen was previously organized as a village on March 13, 1907.

Abernethy (Sask.)

  • Local Government
  • 1904-

Abernethy was organized as a village on July 26, 1904.

Prairie South School Division No. 210 of Saskatchewan, 2006-

  • LGA 96
  • Local Government
  • 2006-

Prairie South School Division No. 210 was established on January 1, 2006 through the Government of Saskatchewan's amalgamation of rural school divisions. Prairie South is composed of several former school divisions (Moose Jaw Public; Thunder Creek; Borderland; Golden Plains; and Red Coat Trail) and portions of the former Davidson and Herbert School Divisions.
The division currently (2022) includes 38 schools in 19 rural and urban communities in southern Saskatchewan, including Assiniboia; Avonlea; Bengough; Caronport; Chaplin; Coronach; Craik; Gravelbourg; and Moose Jaw. The division has approximately 7100 students and 1400 staff.

Prairie South School Division is governed by an elected Board of Education consisting of a Chair and nine trustees who are not employees of the school division. The Board members serve four year terms. The Board’s duties and powers include administering and managing the educational affairs of the school division; exercising general supervision and control over the schools in the division; providing and maintaining school accommodations, equipment and facilities; and appointing and employing qualified teachers, principals and other staff. The Director of Education is chosen by and is responsible to the Board of Education and is supported by other senior administrators, including Superintendents of Education. The division receives funding primarily from property taxes; grants from the federal and provincial governments; tuition and related fees; and income interest. The division office is located in Moose Jaw.

Resultados 171 a 180 de 180