Mostrar 155 resultados

Registo de autoridade
Local Government

Qu'Appelle Valley Superintendency No. 27, 1974-1993?

  • LGA 58
  • Local Government
  • 1974-1993

Qu'Appelle Valley Superintendency No. 27 of Saskatchewan was created in 1974 to oversee the Grenfell Consolidated School District No. 150, Balcarres Consolidated School District No. 87, Wolseley Consolidated School District No. 25, Neudorf School District No. 392, and Lemberg School District No. 1752.

When the Education Act (SS 1978, c. 17) came into effect January 1, 1979, the Superintendency then covered Grenfell School Division No. 92, Balcarres School Division No. 87, Wolseley School Division No. 25, Valleyview School Division No. 116, Neudorf School Division No. 96, Lemberg School Division No. 106, and Peepeekisis Band No. 81.

In 1993, Scenic Valley School Division No. 117 was created encompassing the Divisions that had been Qu'Appelle Valley Superintendency No. 27, effectively replacing the Superintendency.

Grenfell School Division No. 92, 1979-1993

  • LGA 54
  • Local Government
  • 1979-1993

The Grenfell Consolidated School District No. 150 of Saskatchewan became the Grenfell School Division No. 92 of Saskatchewan effective January 1, 1979, pursuant to the Education Act (S.S. 1978, c.17). The Division was based around Grenfell, Saskatchewan. The Board of the school division was responsible for administering the public elementary and secondary schools within its borders. The five member Board was elected through a public vote. Funding to administer and operate the schools in the Division was provided through provincial grants and locally-generated revenue. The Division was located within the Qu'Appelle Valley Superintendency No. 27.

The responsibilities of the Board were the same as those assigned to the separate and francophone school boards in the province. The Board's duties and powers included administering and managing the educational affairs of the school division; exercising general supervision and control over the schools in the division; approving administrative procedures pertaining to the internal organization, management and supervision of the schools; providing and maintaining school accommodation, equipment and facilities; and appointing and employing qualified teachers, principals and other necessary staff.

In the fall of 1992, the Department of Education created the Scenic Valley School Division. Grenfell School Division No. 92 became part of Scenic Valley School Division No. 117 effective January 1, 1993.

Wolseley Consolidated School District No. 25, 1963-1978

  • LGA 55
  • Local Government
  • 1963-1978

Wolseley Consolidated School District No. 25 of Saskatchewan was established in 1963 pursuant to the Schools Act to administer schools around the Wolseley area. The borders of the original Wolseley School District No. 25 were expanded to make it large enough to become an independent school district.

The Board of the Wolseley Consolidated School District No. 25 was responsible for administering and managing the school district and for generally supervising and controlling each of its schools. From 1974-1993 it also functioned as part of the Qu'Appelle Valley Superintendency No.27. The Board provided buildings, equipment and supplies; hired qualified teachers; paid teachers their monthly salaries; and dealt with attendance, transportation and disciplinary issues. The Board was assisted by a secretary-treasurer, who managed the finances. The Superintendent of Schools for the School District, appointed by the Minister of Education, was responsible for the general supervision of the schools and conferred with teachers and the Board on various issues.

In 1978, the School Act was replaced by the Education Act (SS 1978 ch. 17). Wolseley Consolidated School District No. 25 became Wolseley School Division No. 25 effective January 1, 1979.

Zenon Park (Sask.), 1941-

  • LGA 87
  • Local Government
  • 1941-

The Village of Zenon Park is an urban municipality in north east Saskatchewan. Organized on July 28, 1941, the village is located in the Rural Municipality of Arborfield No. 456 and is 45 kilometres north east of Tisdale. The village is believed to have been named after Zenon Chamberland, one of the first pioneers in the area.

The village is governed by an elected council consisting of a mayor and councillors, all elected for a three year term. Council makes decisions and exercises its power through the passage of bylaws and resolutions. Council aims to provide good government; to provide services, facilities and other things deemed necessary; to develop and maintain a safe and viable community; and foster economic and social well-being. Council is responsible for providing an array of services within the boundaries of the village, including police and fire services; water and sewage treatment services; and library, recreation and cultural facilities. Council is responsible for regulating wild and domestic animals; streets and roads; businesses and business activities; and buildings and other structures. The village gets funding through property taxes, service user fees, license fees and grants from the provincial and federal governments. Council is responsible for hiring an administrator and other employees to manage the daily operations of the village, whose operations are overseen by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs.

The Village of Zenon Park is currently (2010) governed by a mayor and four councillors. An administrator and maintenance person oversee the daily operations. Council meetings, open to the public, are held on the first Wednesday of each month. The current population of the village, which remains predominantly French speaking, is 192.

Zelma Rural Telephone Company, 1917-1977

  • LGA 07
  • Local Government
  • 1917-1977

The first organizational meeting of directors of the Zelma Rural Telephone Company took place on March 20, 1915, with George R. Duff elected President and director. Additional directors elected at that time were J.W. Cline, G.A. Campbell, Major Shout and James Murray. Charles W. Cline was elected Secretary-Treasurer, a position in held until 1964.

Regulated by the Saskatchewan Government Telephones Department, the company proceeded to construct telephone lines in the area serving the town and surrounding farms in the district. The board of directors decided rates, telephone extension applications, contracts and salaries.

In 1977, SaskTel absorbed the Zelma Rural Telephone Co. into its provincial telephone system. The last meeting of the directors of the Zelma Rural Telephone Co. took place on January 8, 1977.

Yorkton (Sask. : Village)

  • Local Government
  • 1894-1900

Yorkton was organized as a village on July 11, 1894 and subsequently proclaimed as a town on April 16, 1900.

Resultados 131 a 140 de 155